(Happy Valentine’s Day!)
Being a matchmaker means knowing where to meet high-quality singles.
We need to be creative, discerning and efficient with time. Here’s a list of our tried-and-true places/activities where we have met some of the most eligible singles in Los Angeles:
- Cultural (networking) events. It doesn’t matter if you don’t really need to network for your business, go to events. Some business events solely focused on networking tend to be lame in terms of making solid work contacts, but these places always attract upscale, (mostly) single professionals. Some of our favorite events have been with these groups:
- https://ivyplussociety.com/ For Ivy-League (ish) professionals. Always a good mix of people; late 20s to late 40s.
- https://stageandtable.com A couple of our clients recommended Stage + Table. I loved it. If you enjoy food and wine, this is a welcoming group (there were more men than women when I attended) to meet at a very relaxed venue.
- http://labusinessjournal.com/bizevents/ - LA Business Journal has great events and speakers. Excellent for meeting upscale professionals of all ages.
- http://events.kcrw.com/events/category/kcrw-presents/ - Eclectic events for eclectic people.
- https://hammer.ucla.edu/programs-events/ - Some of our male clients plan their first dates at these cool events!
- http://guestofaguest.com/los-angeles - If you like ‘higher-end’, trendy happenings, get on this list.
- https://www.thesupperclubinc.com/ The Supper Club is an old-school social network of talented, successful professionals (mid-30s-50s) who meet every month at hip, elegant venues.
- Athletic leagues. Our clients swear by these. Did you know they have adult kickball leagues? This is a great way to stay in shape and meet others who want to have fun and meet other active-minded people. Volleyball clubs are very social. Hiking clubs tend to attract more women. Running/biking clubs attract more men. Explore! https://www.urbansportsla.com/; https://www.kickball.com/la
- Faith-based communities. Most people we meet are ‘more spiritual than religious’ so exploring ‘light-religion’ and spiritually-minded communities seems logical. Agape, a spiritual center and community is very welcoming and attracts a lot of single professionals. https://agapelive.com/
- Curated experiences. Fill your own cup first with cool experiences to add to your repertoire and make your life more interesting. Say YES to all invitations! EvenFaceBook Events. Check out Airbnb Experiences and explore something new with other curious locals. Or create your own experience. Start a club or throw a cocktail party and encourage your friends to invite their friends.
- Grocery stores after work. These places are teeming with singles from 6-8pm. We have met many eligible bachelors at Whole Foods on Lincoln J. Mondays nights are the best. Turn your green light ON and smile. Small talk is easy when it comes to food.
(Honorable mentions: Alumni Clubs, higher education classes, salsa/swing dancing classes, volunteering (LA Works is our favorite), Travel clubs and of course, dog parks).
The most important aspect of putting yourself out there and engaging with the world is…just that. If you do these things for the sole purpose of trying to meet someone, you may be missing your opportunity. Taking a step out of your comfort zone to connect with other like-minded people is the first step towards finding your ‘One’.